Sunday, July 15, 2012

Transferencias

This is what my project is turning into - photo transfers.  My ultimate goal is to do around 10-15 transfers to give to the Luciérnaga before I leave.  The images below are what I did when I was in Tennessee for a week, just to try the technique out and see how the photos look on canvas.  These are quite a bit rougher than I would like, but the idea is there, and I think they will be nice once I smooth them out a bit.  I´ve finally found the materials that I need here in Córdoba (I think - como se dice "matte medium" in castellano?).  But I´ve found canvas and some kind of white liquid matte and a print shop, so... vamos a ver lo que puedo hacer!  Either way, I like the effect that comes from the photo transfers - it reminds me of signs posted in the streets.  I did the same process with some photos a couple of summers ago on my old coffee table that I stripped the varnish off of.  It looked really cool with the grain of the wood, so maybe I´ll try these photos on some pieces of wood as well.  But we´ll see, and I´ll have some more photos up soon of what these transfers turn into.





Ana



Cani

No comments:

Post a Comment