Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Carnival - Ollantaytambo

Saturday, Feb. 18, Ollantaytambo.  It was the kick off of Lent and the Easter holidays.  I didn´t think it was happening until next weekend, but the horns, drums, and water balloons proved me wrong.
Bright colors, dancing, drinking, and a tug-of-war across the bridge in the center of town were the central focus of the festivities.  
Word of advice: never try to travel the weekend of Carnival - you won´t bode well, as we found out the next day when we tried to leave Urubamba.
To make matters worse, my camera is on its final leg, and barely made it through this surprise festival.

The original photos I had posted were awful - like I said already, I don´t have any photo editing or photo filing software with me, so I´m selecting original files based on how they look on the back of my camera and how they appear once posted.  I didn´t realize that half of these were out of focus, and I´m embarassed to have left them up so long. So here´s my second try!







    














No comments:

Post a Comment