Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mendoza! A.K.A. I can never drink boxed wine again.

Dear Franzia,

It´s time that I say goodbye - for good.  I´m seeing someone else now; his name is Dignity.  We´ve had some great times, shared some long laughs, and no one else could have gotten me through my oral comprehensive exams in writing/communications the way that you did.  I know someone else will love you as much as I once did, and I can only thank you for making me into the person that I am.  You taught me how to dance, you made me a lot funnier than I really am, and you´ve made numerous people much more attractive than they really are.  Of course no other wine will ever taste as good out of an empty Diet Coke can, but alas, it´s time for me to move on.  Don´t take it personally - it´s not you, it´s me.  It´s time I raise my standards and drink something with an expiration date.  Good luck my friend, I know you´ll make the next person as happy as you once made me.

Love always,
Lee


What I learned from a weekend in Mendoza...

Lesson 1:  When one drinks, one should eat.  And what you drink depends on what you eat, or vice versa.

Empanadas and Malbec at Filósofos Bodega


Lesson 2: Wine comes from a bottle; grape juice comes from a box.

My happy place

Lesson 3: Wine glasses and Diet Coke cans serve two distinct purposes, and the two shouldn´t be confused.


Cabernet Sauvignon at the Weinert Bodega



Lesson 4: Wine only ages well when stored appropriately.  This does not include being stored in a box on a refrigerator shelf, nor being stored in a bottle in the back of my closet.




In short, everything I learned in college about wine was wrong, other than the fact that it´s purpose is for drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment